A New Adventure: Art Journaling!
Art journaling is all over the place right now. I have a giant Pinterest board full of ideas for journal pages and since I’m a journal nut anyway, the idea of art journaling just seems to fit! I can see so many reasons to art journal.
- I can combine my love of art and writing.
- I can express things visually that I may not be able to put in words.
- It doesn’t have to be “good” or Etsy-worthy. Sometimes I need to be able to just make a mess!
- It’s a lot more portable than hauling a canvas around.
- It’s a fun way to play with different mediums and styles that might not fit with the work I make to sell.
This is something new I wanted to try this year, and I just wanted to share a few of the pages I’ve done.
These were all done in less than 20 minutes. Art doesn’t have to be complicated or time consuming!
No, they don’t look like some of the amazing pages you’ll see in art journaling books, but I had fun making them and they express what I needed to express at the time. Therefore: success!
I’m a bit scattered today and I can’t seem to gather my thoughts, but the takeaway here is this:
It doesn’t have to be perfect. All that matters is that it brings you joy. So try something you’ve wanted to try and be willing to suck at it. You might get better at it, you might not. The important part is that you have a good time.
If there’s something you want to try, do it! Have fun! Dip your toes in or do a cannonball. Whatever feels best for you.
This week, think of something you’ve always wanted to try, figure out what needs to happen so that you can try it, and then do it! Feel free to report back in the comments.
Tell me, what’s something you’ve always wanted to try?